As much as I like daylight savings time… I mourn the loss of an hour’s time on the weekend. We only have one week to go until we can enjoy a wonderful 2 week break from school. But what a week it is! Lots of special events and long days this week including our annual family Pancake breakfast on Thursday morning – please promote with your students as our response has been low. We are hoping that some of you will be able to help out on Thursday morning with cooking and general crowd control. We are also looking to borrow an electric pancake skillet if you are able to help with that.
Our afterschool movie party last Thursday was a big success – almost half the school was there for a great movie and great, fresh popcorn. Thanks to Henry and Richard for all the work they did to set up for this fun event. Thanks also to the teachers who stepped in to help – Marilyn, Cynthia, Karen, Donna and Tanya. Your help was much appreciated. We hope to have another one in May and will adjust some of our procedures for a smoother event next time. Overall, the word I heard most often from students was – AWESOME! All that and we made about $700.00
EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Salad day on Tuesday at lunch for group members.
- Patti & Henry will be at the area meeting on Wednesday morning – Paul in charge.
- Staff Committee meeting on Wednesday at lunch. Pizza lunch provided by Moberly in appreciation of your time on a very busy day.
- Parent Teacher Interviews on Wednesday and Thursday – 2:00 dismissal both days.
- Baisakhi float information and planning meeting 6:00 – 7:00 Wednesday night in the library
- Tickets for the Vancouver Millionaires chair on sale this week at recess and lunch – and also at Parent Teacher interview time. Please encourage parents to buy a ticket.
- Family Pancake breakfast Thursday morning – 7:30 – 9:00.
- Night of Music for our choir under Jane’s direction at John Oliver on Thursday night. 7:00 p.m.
- Health and Safety meeting 8:15 Friday morning.
Have a great week everyone. We will get there!