Big funding announcement from the Ministry Of Education this weekend! Can you say “almost election time”? We will have to wait and see what the Vancouver share will be and what directives we will be given on spending. Here is the link to the announcement: Ministry Funding Announcement Feb 2017
It’s very busy at Moberly this week including our Family Fun Fair and Cake Walk on Thursday. Thank you to the teachers/ staff who have stepped forward to help with this undertaking. It is a lot of work for our small and dedicated PAC group. They are trying so hard to get us money to buy much needed resources for classrooms.
Report Cards are due tomorrow – Karl is reading odd divisions and I am reading evens. Please let us know if you will be late with your reports. Thank you in advance for proofreading your reports prior to submission. It really helps us get them back to you more quickly.
If you can, please make a last minute push for students to donate items for the raffle baskets. We have received a few things but could certainly use more. Also, reminders and encouragement to participate in the cake decorating contest would be much appreciated.
I am filling out my Oscar guesses this weekend – how about you? Thanks to Maria for organizing the Oscar contest. Also, thank you to Maria and all those secret valentines out there for a fun time guessing and receiving small gifts!
EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Health & Safety Training for our team on Tuesday morning at the VSB.
- PAC meeting on Tuesday night at 7:00 in the library. Teachers are always welcome to attend.
- Patti at workshop on organizing the school for 17/18 on Wednesday morning until 10:30.
- Pink Day assembly on Wednesday at 11:00 led by Division 3. Don’t forget to wear something pink!
- Grade 7 Grad planning meeting on Wednesday at lunch in Room 103.
- BC Lions Energy Champions presentation on Wednesday afternoon for K- 7. 1:15 – 1:45 p.m.
- Health & Safety Committee meeting on Thursday morning at 8:15 in the staffroom.
- Patti at Freedom of Information workshop on Thursday morning. 10:30-12:15
- Family Fun Fair on Thursday 3:15 – 5:30.
- Pro-D day on Friday:
9:00 – 12:00 BC Blanket Exercise: Exploring Historical Relationships between Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Peoples led by BCTF facilitator – Lael Sleep.
1:00 Round table discussion re: new curriculum followed by planning time
Have a great week everyone!