A great time was had by all at the ANAF Legion on Friday night as David’s band rocked the night away. It was great to see Gwen, Jane, Barb, Paul and Donna come out to hear Vintage at its finest. I expect the next gig will be near the end of May – we’ll let you know in case you want to drop in.
Spring Break is so close we can almost taste it! It will be another busy week with Book Fair, Movie night and meetings. Don’t forget to breathe!
I have scheduled a staff meeting for Friday at lunch. I am required to provide you with some important time sensitive information on the new People Soft system (new employee numbers for everyone!) as well as new guidelines for reporting to MCFD online. We need to show you a powerpoint presentation so hopefully we will be able to get into the library on Friday after the book fair stuff is cleared out – if not we’ll have to use an alternate location. You will need this information to use SFE and to access your pay advice.
Thursday’s staff committee meeting will be focused on our financial plan and we will be asking staff to vote on their preferences. I will try to get the info out in advance of the meeting so you have some thinking time.
This week, we welcome Joyce Trumbla who is our new Aboriginal Support Worker. Joyce will be at Moberly every Tuesday and will be based in Jane Wyllychuk’s office. I will ask her to come to the staffroom on Tuesday at recess for you to meet her. We look forward to working with Joyce to support our Aboriginal students as well as to work with students and teachers on Aboriginal education.
EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Book Fair running from Monday to Thursday – Thanks to Melissa for organizing and to everyone who has volunteered some of their time.
- Patti at the VSB on Monday morning for training on the new school information system (Good bye to BCESIS and hello to My Ed BC)
- Movie Afternoon on Tuesday- All students (about 140 of them) who have bought tickets are encouraged to use the washroom before heading to the new gym after school. Student forms with popcorn and water tickets will be placed in your boxes on Tuesday morning. Please make sure that students bring them to the gym. STAFF VOLUNTEERS who would like to stay and watch the movie while helping with supervision are WELCOME. It looks like we will make about $300 towards the playground.
- Supervision Aide meeting on Wednesday at 11:00 – 11:30.
- Staff Committee on Thursday at lunch – we likely don’t have time for any additional agenda items as we are dedicating this meeting to a financial discussion. Please let Patti or Harj know if you have a burning / urgent issue.
- SSSA meeting on Friday at 8:15 – topics to include People Soft and MCFD reporting. Meeting to be held in the computer lab (due to book fair)
- Staff meeting at lunch on Friday in the library (I hope). Bring your lunches as we update you on important info as above!
- Reports go home on Friday. Please do not hand reports out early to anyone who is going on a holiday. They will need to get their reports when they return.
Have a great week everyone! No more weekly bulletin until March 22nd.